The Test: Eye & Lip Makeup Removers


Are eye and lip makeup removers a necessity?

Yes, if you wear heavy eye makeup. If, like me, you only tend to wear mascara then I usually just reach for my cleansers - out of pure laziness. Now don't get me wrong, if I am feeling rather fruity and decide to go for eyeshadow, eyeliner and waterproof mascara then I will head straight to one of these three products for removal.

Each of these removers are for sensitive eyes and have a oil-based formula that you have to shake up before applying to a cotton pad.

L'OrĂ©al Paris Dermo-Expertise Absolute Make-Up Remover Eye and Lip (£4.99) - The cheapest of all three products and a good one at that. It takes a good few swirls and swipes of the cotton pad to successfully remove the waterproof makeup from the eye and lip area. This does not irritate my sensitive skin in anyway. A good product at a budget price.

The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof Eye & Lip Makeup Remover (£8) - By far the oiliest formula out of the bunch, but in a good way. I feel this helps to dissolve the makeup much faster. This product is definitely the quickest at removing waterproof makeup and does not upset the eye/lip area in anyway. This product is fragrance, colour and alcohol free - very kind for your skin. I absolutely adore The Body Shop Camomile range.

Vichy Purete Thermale Waterproof Eye Make-Up Remover For Sensitive Eyes (£11) - Fortified with thermal spa water, this feels very soothing on the eyes. I have to apply a lot of this product to a cotton pad for it to work to remove my makeup. Claiming that it is matte-based, it is definitely true to its word as it does not feel oily in the slightest. This is a slight bug bear for me as I feel I have to work harder to remove my makeup - who wants that before they go to bed?! However, I must say that it is successful at removing all traces of waterproof makeup.

So there you go - if you are on the market for a new eye/lip makeup remover then I hope that these mini reviews help your decision. Take from this what you like but my fave has to be The Body Shop one - it is just so low maintenance and removes my makeup quicker than the other two offerings. 

I would just like to add that all three of these bottles are a royal pain the bum for extracting the remover. It might be the way I am doing it (probably down to my burning desire to get to bed) but every time I empty each of these onto a cotton pad it leaks everywhere - the Vichy one more than the others. So watch out!

Can you recommend any good Eye/Lip removers?


K x


No comments:

Post a Comment