2014: A Reflection


Happy New Year Everyone!

I didn't think anything would top 2013 after my man Jack asked me to marry him. Then we made the move to Hong Kong. What we didn't know was 2014 was set to be one of the biggest years of our lives!

We have consumed enough food to feed a thousand armies, met some of the best people ever - who we now call friends for life, camped out on some of Hong Kong's most beautiful beaches, been on more Junk boats than you can shake a stick at, traveled to so many places in Asia that I never dreamed I would visit and found a love for a country that I don't think I will ever lose.

My Foodie Faves from 2014 - Jack partaking in a giant burger challenge/ Hot-Pot/ Xiao Long Bao/ Milk Bubble Tea

I am not going to lie, the first few months in Hong Kong were hard - I missed home, I missed my family and friends and I missed all of our home comforts. It was particularly difficult to put myself out there to find and make new friends. After a number of minor panic attacks I took the plunge and got myself out there, befriending a couple of fab ladies, Catrina and Annelle.


Throughout 2014 Jack and I have met many new people, some floating in and out of our lives and some sticking with us. A special mention to Catrina, Annelle, Steve, Emma, Dave, Mindey, Yi, Lauren & Jamie. You have all individually made our year FANTASTIC.


I have been lucky enough to visit a number of different cities/countries including Phuket, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Macau and most recently Bali - for Christmas. They were all fabulous places and I will forever cherish the memories made from each of these trips.

Selfie in Bali (Dec) / Beautiful Beach in Phuket (May)/ The Petronas Towers - Kuala Lumpur (Sept)/ Sunset Snap on Seminyak Beach, Bali (Dec)

I had the opportunity to fly home and surprise my Dad back in July - just in time for the epic Grand Départ of the Tour De France in Yorkshire. My fantastic family also came to visit Jack and I here in Hong Kong - it was fantastic to show them where we have been living and our lives here.




2014 was also the year that I started my blog. The only thing I would change was the amount of time I spent pondering over whether I should take the plunge and do it. I am so glad that I decided to go for it. It gives me a focus and a determination to work on something I am so passionate about. Here's to many more years of blogging to come.

House of Dancing Waters in Macau (Nov)/ Me and Jack in Bali (Dec)/ Jack competing in the Dragon Boat race (June)/ Me & my brother with a shed load of Gromits (Aug)


What a year 2014 has been! In just over a month we will return to the UK for good. This does pain us somewhat, but I believe everything occurs for a greater reason. I can't wait to see my family and friends and most of all - plan our wedding!

2014, you have been kind, exciting, exhilarating and fabulous. Here is to 2015....

K x


2 comments:

  1. Sarah Nicole Hewitt2 January 2015 at 19:00

    Very proud of you for starting your blog peach & for making the most of your time away & making lots of memories. I miss you tons & cant wait for you to get home xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Darling. That means a lot. Miss you xxx

    ReplyDelete