The Lipstick Edit: Three Budget Buys


I have become a lipstick fiend as of late, always on the prowl for my next lipstick fix.

So here is my opinion on a few budget buys that I have picked up over the last month or so... 


'Coral Kiss' from The Body Shop Colour Crush range is a beautiful orangey nude colour, its quite sheer so it does require some applying before a desired shade is reached. These lipsticks glide on smoothly and feel quite hydrating if your lips are in good condition. Unfortunately due to the change in the weather, my lips are in a sorry state of affairs and this lipstick just clung to the dry patches.

Do not let this avert your decision though. As long as your lips are nice and smooth, this is a great formula and long lasting, which is always a pro for me as my biggest bugbear with lip products is the constant reapplying.



My inner Betty Boop appeared in this photo thanks to this next lipstick offering.

'Crazy Sexy Crinson' also from the same range is a deep burgundy/crimson red with a slight brown undertone. Perfect for autumn/winter time.

Just like 'Coral Kiss', this glides on smoothly (except for when you have dry lips) and can be built up to the desired shade. 

They have quite a smooth and shiny formula so if you are looking to make them more matte just add a touch of translucent powder or a setting powder to the lips after.

All in all, a good lipstick for the price but make sure you prepare your lips to resemble that of a baby's bottom or you'll be having problems.


I am totally into the bright bold lip look at the moment. In all honesty, it does scare me wearing such bright colours out in public. I suppose its the constant thought that I might smile at someone and low and behold, my teeth are completely covered in the stuff!

Anyway, that will certainly not deter me from purchasing eye popping bold colours such as this one from Maybelline. It doesn't feel like the most Matte formula I have ever tried but it is certainly true to colour. A rich orangey red that glides on nicely and doesn't cling to the dry patches like The Body Shop lipsticks.

I would recommend this range if you are looking for a Matte type lip product with good colour pay-off and a long lasting formula to boot.

See you on the f-lip side....

K x


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic berry red winter shades! Got me in the mood for getting my red lippies out at Christmas !! thanks for the warning about body shop and dry lips ! Does the maybelline run, do you need a liner? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I got you in the mood for the red lips! The Maybelline lipstick doesn't seem to run but a lip liner wouldn't hurt. Maybe that will be my next venture...lip liners x

    ReplyDelete