10 Things I Love About Christmas



With just two days to go until we reach the big day I thought it was a festively perfect idea to countdown the ten things that I love the most about Christmas. This idea popped into my head as I sit here dreaming about Christmas at home - although I cannot complain, I get to sit on a beach this year and still get to devour a Christmas dinner in the evening. Winner!

So in no particular order;

  1. The Food - Yes you got that one right. As soon as it hits 1st December I find it perfectly acceptable to not only eat one mince pie everyday but to also consume large quantities of chocolate as is possible. Don't judge me, I know you all do the same.
  2. The Christmas Tree - I love this part - its a good old process from finding the perfect tree to lugging it to the car and then getting said tree into the car - cue seats down and the boot left half open. There is nothing more than having a real Christmas tree and being able to decorate it.
  3. Watching Christmas Films - Binge watching every Christmas film that was ever made throughout the entirety of December is a must for me. From A Miracle on 34th Street to Elf to Jack Frost and so on. Christmas Films make me so happy and get me in that jolly mood.
  4. Wrapping Presents - Some people find this the most tedious job in the world - but not for little old me. Each present has to be wrapped to perfection with some kick ass ribbons and tags to boot. They look so good under the Christmas tree, dontcha think?!
  5. Mulled Wine - Such Christmassy mulled goodness. Perfect on a crisp cold day - well, perfect everyday in my world. I love it.
  6. Christmas Get-Together(s)/Parties -  December is the one month in the year where it is acceptable to attend as many festive events as possible.There is nothing more fun than being able to throw on a sparkly outfit and team it with a bold red lip and enjoy a merry evening with close friends. Cue the excessive amounts of food and wine.
  7. Christmas Eve Excitement - I still get as excited for Christmas Day as much as I did when I was a young one. Not being able to sleep on Christmas Eve has always been a problem for me...and I am now 27. I love meeting up with my closest friends on the Eve for drinks and festivities.
  8. Christmas Morning - Its a tradition in our household to open our presents in the morning following a good old cup of tea and a bacon sandwich - there is nothing more exciting and satisfying than seeing your family open their presents that you got them. I live for the look on their faces.
  9. Spending Time with My Amazing Family - I love love love being around all of my family and Jack on Christmas Day. It is a great time to just relax, stuff ourselves to the point of explosion and really appreciate what and who you have got with you in your life. If I could have one wish for Christmas it would be to have my mum there. I miss her every single day.
  10. The Christmas Dinner - The main man. Yes, every year the stress of cooking causes family arguments to the point where f bombs are flying everywhere - but that aside, it all comes together in the end to form a beautifully tasty dinner. Utterly fantastic.

What do you love about Christmas?

K x

No comments:

Post a Comment