Bad to the Bronze


It's very rare that you'll catch me with a splash of colour on my eyelids, let alone eyeliner.

Picture this: My 18th birthday. Virgin Vie party. I was made up to look what resembled a drag queen. The result - scarred for life.

Nearly ten years later, I feel it is time to push that memory to the back of my mind and road test some eye shadows that I have been collecting. As I am a beginner at this I kept it quite neutral with a splash of liner, for that extra bit of definition.


On my lids is Maybelline's Color Tattoo 24hr Cream Gel Eyeshadow in Bad to the Bronze. This is the first time I have used a cream shadow and thank lord I chose this one. From the pot, it seems quite dry but once it warms up on the fingers it applies to the eyelid like a dream. I use a fluffy brush to blend this in, but using your fingers can work just as well. You can really pack this product on for a more intense look or go completely the opposite and lightly blend in for a subtle hint of colour. For all of you worrying whether it will crease, then worry not - even without a primer on my lids this stuff did not budge.

I was recommended this eyeliner from my friend, its by Heroine Make (a Japanese brand) which is easily accessible in Hong Kong and equally as accessible if you tend to purchase products online in the UK. If you struggle to apply eyeliner then this is the bad boy for you. The brush is thin and not too stiff or floppy (apologies for the use of words there) meaning it makes for an easy application. Its very pigmented and stays on my lids for hours and hours. My only gripe with it is the time it takes to dry, so either apply it earlier on in your make up routine or curl your lashes before application - otherwise the curlers will sweep some of the liner off. I am sure you ladies already know what to do - I am just too new to the eyeliner world. I highly recommend this.

K x

1 comment:

  1. Sarah Nicole Hewitt18 December 2014 at 13:58

    I certainly remember the 'drag queen' look at your 18th K! I'm glad your braving eye make up again! I will definitely look out for both products as iv'e been trying to find a cream shadow that doesn't budge for years. Fabulous finds yet again! Xx

    ReplyDelete