Concealer, Concealer, Concealer - My Current Collection


Everyone has an addiction to something. For me, that something is concealer.

I have had a manic obsession with concealer since my early teens due to sporting panda like eyes. You name it, I have probably tried it - from Benefit's Boing, Fakeup & Erase Paste to YSL's renowned Touche Eclat (embarrassingly enough, I used this as a concealer and not as a highlighter - forgive me, I was young and naive). Not forgetting the countless drugstore brands I have tried and tested too.

So without further ado, welcome to my current collection;

BOBBI BROWN CREAMY CORRECTOR (£19) -I don't think I could ever be without this product ever again. It is fantastic at neutralising dark circles. This is always the first step in my concealing process. For £19, it is a tad on the expensive side but totally worth the splurge.

COLLECTION LASTING PERFECTION  ULTIMATE WEAR CONCEALER (£4.19) - Time and time again I find myself going back to this one. With good coverage, lasting power and zero crease-ability, this has to be my all time favourite. For £4.19, its a no brainer people. It just does the job in hand; covering dark circles and blemishes, no question. I use the shade Cool Medium (2). *Beware: the black on the packaging melts and transfers onto your fingers - not cool*

MAC MINERALIZE CONCEALER (£17) - With a light to medium coverage, I use this as the last step in my concealing process. It is a little lighter than my skin tone so its great for brightening my under eye. It is very lightweight and is easy to blend with your ring finger or a fluffy brush. I have the shade NC20.

BOBBI BROWN CREAMY CONCEALER KIT (£24.50) - I have touched upon this one in a previous post so I won't bore you. Once warmed up on the skin, it blends in seamlessly. It has a light to medium coverage so I tend to use it on days where dark eye circles aren't much of a problem. Make sure you use the accompanying finishing power as this stuff can crease slightly. Still a favourite of mine.

SOAP & GLORY KICK ASS BLUR AND BRIGHTEN CRAYON (£6) - Meh. I had high hopes for this one when I swatched it in boots. It is so damn creamy and applies to the skin like silk. Coverage is not great. It claims to banish under eye circles but it certainly didn't banish mine! With a whole two shades to choose from this was a severe disappointment.

MAYBELLINE ERASER EYE CONCEALER (£7.99) - For a start this is a little too dark for my skin tone, I should have gone a shade lighter. Its ok, I shall say that. Coverage is light to medium but it doesn't seem to cover my dark circles at all. Eraser schmaser. 

MAYBELLINE PURE COVER MINERAL CONCEALER (Only available in Hong Kong) - I think I swatched this one in the dark too as it is just ever so slightly too dark for my skin tone. This one is of a thicker consistency, like the Collection concealer. It covers well but it feels a lot more cakey meaning it tended to crease a lot more. I wouldn't shout from the rooftops about this one, but for a budget buy, it does the job.

I also have my eye on the Clarins Instant Concealer and the MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Extreme Camouflage Cream - both of these concealers have received rave reviews and I can't wait to test them out.

Now please excuse me whilst I attend my weekly CAA* meeting.

What concealers do you use? Can you recommend any good ones?

K x 

*Concealer Addicts Anonymous

5 comments:

  1. For my 2 cents, I use Makeup Forever's Lift Concealer, and have happily for years - I swear by it: http://www.makeupforever.com/int/en-int/make-up/face/concealer/lift-concealer?sku=5549

    I'd also make note that I've read that lack of sleep does not actually cause under eye circles, this can be a misconception. My cousin is a natural medicine guru of sorts and years ago I was told that liver health speaks to under eye circles. See this associated post (Point 4): http://www.healthextremist.com/natural-remedies-for-dark-under-eye-circles/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips Lauren! I need to check out the Lift Concealer too. I think my under eye circles may be heredity but I may just go ahead and check out some of the natural remedies and see if they work. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips Lauren! I need to check out the Lift Concealer too. I
    think my under eye circles may be heredity but I may just go ahead and
    check out some of the natural remedies and see if they work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. cucumber may help :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Nicole Hewitt18 December 2014 at 13:51

    I have been using the Maybelline Eraser Eye Concealer too & i love it. Its the perfect shade for me as i use the lightest. Most concealers tend to dry out my skin however i have found this one does not...Win! Xx

    ReplyDelete