Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe comes to Hong Kong


If you could have seen me in this place the other day anyone would exclaim that I was acting like a kid in a sweet shop. Pardon the use of words there. I just had to say it.

Anyone that knows me well enough knows that I have an eye and a mouth for sweet things and yes, I am that person who checks out the dessert menu before even choosing what I want for my main course. They are the best type of people, don't you think?!

My lovely friend Catrina gave me a heads up about this glorious shop opening up a couple of weeks back. Of course she had to let me know about it, we both appreciate the good things in life, especially those that contain sugar.

Upon reading an article detailing the opening of Mr Simms Olde Sweet Shoppe, I immediately placed it at number one on my list of things to do.


Anyway, lets get to the point.

Me and my chum Lauren ventured into this delight of a shop a few days back. Thirty minutes later (I am not joking) we emerged outside very content and our bellies full of sweets to prove it.

Its like a sugar monsters dream. Floor to ceiling shelves stocked full of sweets that probably take my dad back to his childhood memories, let alone myself.

Just take a look at the penny sweet counter. Utterly delightful. Obviously a little more expensive than the actual 1p or 2p I used to pay for sweets when I was a young one.



I had to take a picture of the Rainbow Crystals and American Creme Soda. Its exactly what I used to reach for when I went running towards the local shop with my proudly earned pocket money for completing my weeks worth of chores.



A wall dedicated to chocolate. Enough said.


Freddo's. Does anyone actually remember when they used to cost 10p back in the day? Those certainly were the days.

It has only been open a couple of weeks but I can tell already that its going to be a big hit in Hong Kong, especially amongst the expats.

All I can say is get your skates on and go check it out. I guarantee you will not be leaving there empty handed, unless you have diabetes and for that I am truly sorry.

Located at 37 Lyndhurst Terrace, Central.

K x



No comments:

Post a Comment