The Makeup Edit: My Daily Essentials


I thought I would give you an insight into the products that I reach for on a daily basis. I like to keep my makeup simple and natural looking, especially in the day time. So here it goes...

To prep my skin before applying foundation I reach for the Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser. This product feels so silky and is so easy to apply to the face and covers my crater like pores in an instant. Its cheap and does what it says on the bottle. A must have in my eyes.

Next up is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in Vanilla. It is probably a little too light for me at the moment but coming into the winter months it will be the perfect shade for my fair skin. On top of the Maybelline Instant Pore Eraser this foundation glides on to my skin and leaves me with a light to medium coverage with a near flawless finish. It doesn't cling to my dry patches and leaves me with a healthy glow. I apply this to my face using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush - perfect for applying foundation.

Ahh, now its concealer time. I am a self confessed concealer addict.  On my lookout for the next wonder concealer a few weeks back I stumbled upon Bobbi Brown. The very nice lady in the store sat me down and worked her little wonders on my dark bedraggled under eye bags. The way she made me look, I was sold in an instant. I suppose that's her job to do that though eh?! So I scurried home with the Bobbi Brown Creamy Corrector in Light to Medium Peach and the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit in Sand. The corrector is the definite winner for me, once applied to the under eye the peach neutralises the darkness and all is left is for the concealer to do is to add a bit more coverage and to brighten. I then lightly dust the pale yellow pressed powder provided in the concealer kit to seal the concealer and prevent creasing. I must say that they are most certainly worth the money.

I must add that for days where I may need that little extra boost or coverage I tend to reach for my Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in Cool Medium and use that alongside the umpteen concealers I have already applied to my face. Constantly raved about in the beauty blogging world I must say that the hype is true - it is by far one of the best concealers I have come across. It covers, brightens and doesn't crease on my under eye (well for me it doesn't).

Ok, enough of the concealer talk. I told you that I get slightly carried away!!

To seal in the base I add a little of the MAC Blot Pressed Powder. Great for any of you ladies that struggle to get that shine under control. I have already hit pan since getting this stuff earlier this year. This is most definitely a handbag staple if you live in a humid climate like me or suffer from a shiny face.

To inject a bit of life back into my pale face I dabble in a spot of contouring, you know, to define the face and make me look like I have model-like cheekbones. For this I use the Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder. This is great stuff, it gives you that little bit of summer glow without the orangey-ness and can be easily built up to reach the desired shade.

For a pinch of rosiness I either use the Benefit Hervana Face Powder or the Max Factor Creamy Touch Miracle Blush in Soft Pink. Both have great colour pay off and are very easy to apply. I highly recommend both of them.

For brows its the Benefit Gimme Brow in Light/Medium. I am still not there on the strong eyebrow trend. This is perfect as it doesn't add too much colour to the brows but it makes them look more defined and tidy. This is a tad expensive for a brow product but fantastic all the same. If you are looking for more of a purse friendly offering, try Rimmel or Maybelline. They have similar products in their line.

As for the lashes, I am currently loving Maybelline's the Hyper Curl Volume Express Waterproof Mascara which doesn't seem to be available in the UK. Sucks to be you. If you want to check out something similar try Maybelline's the Falsies Waterproof Mascara. Both of these mascaras are fantastic. They lengthen, volumize and give your lashes curls that would give Kim K a run for her money. Once you go waterproof when it comes to your lashes, you'll never go back.

Last but very not least its down to the lips. Just like concealer I have an addiction to lip balms. I am like clockwork, every thirty minutes I find myself applying it, so a case of dry chapped lips just isn't the norm for me. So recently the unspeakable happened, I got chapped lips. Two lip balms down and no improvement I decided to take the plunge and buy the blogger famous Nuxe Reve de Miel Baume Levres Ultra-Nourrissant Lip Balm. With a thick and nourishing non-sticky consistency, this product is like a hug for your poorly dry lips in a glass container.  One thing is for sure, I am in love.

What are your daily makeup essentials?

K x



5 comments:

  1. I love these recommendations. I will definitely be trying the MAC powder to attempt to keep my make up from sliding off my face within ten minutes of stepping outside! For me though, nothing beats good old vaseline for dry lips and the cocoa butter one smells amazing. ! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I know the feeling Emma. The MAC Blot powder has literally saved my life. I do adore the Vaseline for dry lips too - I even have it in cocoa butter but on this occasion it just wasn't sorting my chapped lips out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Nicole Hewitt19 November 2014 at 11:05

    Thanks for the recommendations K. I will definitely be giving the Maybelline baby skin instant pore eraser & the Lip balm a go. I have tried so many lip balms over the last few months & nothing seems to be working... Damn this cold weather :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah the cold weather really doesn't help my lips! The Nuxe Balm is a definite winner though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah Nicole Hewitt1 December 2014 at 15:20

    Maybelline baby skin instant pore eraser...Bought..Tried & Tested. Beautiful! It leaves your skin feeling lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete